(Excuse the bad photoshop merge - I just don't put much effort into it.)
Where am I today? The safelights are up and wired. Testing them will be the first thing I do once I feel like putting chemistry in trays. All of the fixtures are in except for a work table. It goes where the chair is sitting under the shelves. My plan had always been to build one, but in the interest of time and not much more money, I have decided to purchase one, as previously discussed.
So, what’s left to do?
- I need to decide where to put up a rack to hang film to dry. (I have the rack)
- Get the heater up and running. (Also already procured – but it may get down in the 40s this week!)
- Make a frame for the print drying racks (old one didn’t survive the tear down of the last darkroom.)
- Acquire the final fixture – a work table - so that I have a place for the light box.
- Get a new air compressor (see previous blog post)
- Get a stereo receiver (this is a story all to itself – maybe a future post)
- Better tray storage – right now they’re just stacked under the long sink. Need some racks or dividers or something.
- Storage for the enlarger lenses.